On this Thanksgiving Day 2017, I would like to say that I am thankful for @no-see-um’s Facebook post that introduced me to the F3 Nation. I was hooked from the first beatdown. I am thankful for getting introduced to the many men of F3Lutz and any other F3 Nation brothers I have met along the way.
13 PAX posted for a special Thanksgiving edition of a beatdown in the gloom this Thursday. YHC on Q. Trying to establish a new F3Lutz tradition of little mosey with a side of coupon on Thanksgiving.
The idea was to burn as many calories as possible in order to prepare for the feast that is to come at dinner time.
YHC almost had an alarm malfunction, but the instincts kicked in just at the right time and I was able to post on time.
Weather conditions were just right. Nice and cool, with a little drizzle of rain through out the workout. Flag was planted. Next up the disclaimer as we had 3 visiting FNG’s. Welcome Madoff, Snapshot and Flea.
Next up a quick word on the first Thanksgiving dinner that happened in 1621 in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Followed by the 5 F3 core principles.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Time for quick mosey around dog park then back to BB courts. YHC tried something different here. Normally we would do all warm-ups in cadence, but I wanted to throw a little 1621 in there, so each workout was on my count. I gotta say it was strange, but men got through it fine.
- SSH x16
- Overhead Claps x21
- Hill Billies x16
- Mountain Climbers x21
- Burpees x16
- Shoulder Taps x21
Next up, the first official Turkey Trot at #TheRanch with a 25lb slam ball aka “The Turkey“. As we run .5 miles at a time, each PAX carries the coupon and passes it around when tired. Total goal is 3 miles. At each .5 mile we would stop and run through few exercises.
- Mile .5 – Bear Crawl around the World (light post to light post, forward, side, backwards, side, forward)
- Mile 1 – 50 Merkins, 50 LBC’s, 50 Squats
- Mile 1.5 – Bear Crawl around the World (light post to light post, forward, side, backwards, side, forward)
- Mile 2 – 50 Merkins, 50 Dying Cockroach, 50 Lunges (25 per leg)
- Mile 2.5 – Bear Crawl around the World (light post to light post, forward, side, backwards, side, forward)
- Mile 3 – 50 Merkins, 50 Freddy Mercury’s, 50 Monkey Humpers
We would always plank up, or Al Gore while waiting on the six to catch up. Trying to keep up the pace and the heart rate. Those who needed to modify the Bear Crawls would Duck Walk instead. “The Turkey” made it’s way around the PAX with no problems.
We finished strong at BB courts. @dillio had to say Irish Goodbye before the COT, as YHC pushed the beatdown past the 1 hour mark a little.
Total Distance: 3.25 miles
- Gave thanks for all PAX in YHC’s life.
- Prayers for the less fortunate.
- Prayers for the victims of the hurricanes, mass shootings.
- Prayers for the PAX and their families.
- Safe travels for any PAX that are DR.
- Great effort by all. Not easy to run 3 miles with a 25lb coupon. @wasin rocking it and pushing hard!
- YHC continues to be selfish during his Q. Gotta keep up that HR in the 170’s!
- Great to see some FNG’s, even if they are only visiting their family members. Welcome again to Flea, Snapshot and Madoff.
- YHC continues to be amazed at the growth of F3Lutz. You men inspire me to come out and give all every beatdown.
- May everyone have an amazing Thanksgiving Weekend. God Bless!