7 PAX posted for today’s beatdown in the gloom. YHC has been doing some homework on the GoRuck Tough training, so we incorporated some of this into the beatdown this AM. Embrace the suck.
The weather was just right. We are getting close to the humid time in Florida. YHC brought over his Bluetooth speaker to get some easy to follow timers when it was needed. @no-see-um supplied a few more cinder blocks coupons and those attending the GoRuck brought their rucksacks to play with.
The flag was planted and no disclaimer was given today as it was all regulars.
[justified_image_grid preset=4 row_height=900 lightbox=links-off disable_cropping=yes ng_pics=183]
Time to Mosey around to the roundabout. It seems to be a routine at this time.
- SSH x10 IC
- The Egyptian x10 IC (YHC likes this one as it makes his shoulders crack)
- Baby Arm Circles x10 IC /reverse
- Chest Stretches x10 IC (YHC brought this one from his baseball days in High School, which was a very long time ago)
- Hill Billies x10 IC
We mosey again this time to the dead-end street.
- Windmills x10 IC (nice and slow, just the way @no-see-um likes it!)
- Cotton Pickers x10 IC
- Pulse Squats with Toe Kicks x10 IC
- Mountain Climbers x20 IC
- Shoulder Taps x20 IC
- Inch Worms x10 OYO
Let’s turn around now and head towards the BB courts/parking lot. Time to Indian Run Catch/Me if You Can with x5 burpees for the last man.
Once at the parking lot area, circle up and a quick set of Mucho Chesto x10 each (regular, wide, stagger L, stagger R, diamond). Followed up by 3 rounds of High Knees/Burpee. All pax in circle chomping feet, one at a time each pax drops for a burpee. Keep going for 3 rounds. This is a great way of getting your HR up and get warmed up.
Alright time to do some lifting of things. YHC was setting up the speaker/phone while the pax planked or Al Gore’ed it for few seconds.
Timed Stations with Coupons. Some pax got their 30-40lb’s rucksacks, others have the cinder blocks. @endo was brave enough to go for the BB3 sandbag. 15 second warmup/get ready timer. 45 seconds each exercise, 15 seconds rest. 1:30 seconds for a quick mosey around the dog park/tennis courts. Repeat.
- Thrusters (squat with a coupon, extend into the overhead press on way up)
- Kettlebell Swings
- Overhead Walking Lunges (coupons above head)
- Biceps Curls
- Bear Crawls (those with rucks, they stay on your back during the crawl)
- Mosey (we slacked on the first mosey and got there few seconds behind)
- V-Ups (coupons in the air above your head)
- Overhead Press
- Squats (coupons in front)
- Flutter Kicks (coupons up in the air above your head)
- Crab Walk (YHC’s rucksack zipper opened and the weight almost fell out, got stuck trying to fix this, not pleased with the result)
- Mosey (this time we rocked it as @haka put on the afterburners and made all of us step up our game to follow him)
Not done just yet. Got another 8 minutes or so left on the clock. YHC went for the Death by Merkin finishing combo.
All pax in plank position with a rucksack/coupon on if possible. Timer set to 1-minute intervals. First minute – 1 Merkin, 2nd minute – 2 Merkins, 3rd minute – 3 Merkins. We went up to 5 on this bad boy. Great job gents! We did drop the rucks after the 3rd minute as it got pretty tough to keep the weight on in plank.
At this point, YHC thought he has enough time for a quick set of Bruce Lee. When we finished we were 1:30 seconds behind schedule, but I think it was well worth it.
Total Distance: 1.54 mil
- Continued prayers for @haka sister in law. We are thinking about you brother as you and your family go through this tough time. Please check here for more information: http://bit.ly/2IvlLmt
- YHC mentioned a thing or two about how proud he is to have the ability to workout/hangout and do some good with you men.
- Prayers for those affected in Hawaii.
- Looking forward to the GoRuck challenge. It will be a grueling 12 hours of pure suck.
- Don’t forget to place your order for the F3Lutz tshirts here: http://bit.ly/2Ivma8t.
- Really good to see @endo and @vanellope coming out regularly to the beatdowns. We keep this thing moving forward gents!