8 PAX posted on an incredibly breezy and beautiful morning here in the gloom for a sweatfest. Today’s theme was “all fun and games” with a few surprises along the way. Great sight to see the early morning ruckers out and about pre-sunrise getting in their training for the upcoming C.S.A.U.P. in November. To YHC’s surprise everyone arrived about 15 minutes early and there was a basketball left on the court overnight, so why not start the day off with a little warmup game of horse (where’s @aquaman when you need him)…A piece of styrofoam filled with toothpicks was passed around to each of the PAX and they were instructed to pull out just one but don’t get the red one. The disclaimer was given, @no-ski grabbed the red one and we were off.
- MOSEY TO SUNLAKE ROUND A BOUT
- SSH – X15 – IC
- FRANKENSTEINS – X10 – IC
- INCHWORM – X5 – OYO
- DUCK-N-MERK (each PAX picks a line and does 10 merkins then duck walks to next…rinse and repeat until all the way around the circle 8 lines)
Time for a little fun run, although there was nothing “little” or “fun” about it. YHC said it is just a bit different than the usual as this will be Indian Run style with the first PAX being the one that grabbed the red toothpick from earlier. Every time that PAX gets to the front of the line everyone halts and performs 5 burpees.
- TOTAL DISTANCE 1.5 MILES
- APPROX. 12 TOTAL BURPEE STOPS (YHC lost count after 10)
- FINISH AT THE DEAD END
A little cornhole action set up with a twist. Everyone partnered up so there were 4 total teams. Each PAX tosses 1 bag only (total of 2 per team). Get it in the hole and your team does the 40-yd suicide run and back then advances to the next round, land on the board only or off of the board completely and there will be consequences. Winning team to be awarded a prize back at the courts.
- ROUND 1 – ON BOARD – 10 MERKINS – OFF BOARD – 10 BURPEES
- ROUND 2 – ON BOARD – 10 SQUATS – OFF BOARD – 10 BURPEES
- ROUND 3 – ON BOARD – 10 BB SITUPS – OFF BOARD – 10 BURPEES
- ROUND 4 – ON BOARD – 10 SWEAT ANGELS – OFF BOARD – 10 BURPEES
- ROUNDS 5 – 8 WERE REPEAT OF ROUNDS 1 – 4 ONLY 5 REPS OF EACH PENALTY
Lets just say that there were alot of oohs and aahs throughout this 30 minute game along with several moans and groans while the burpees were taking place. Several close calls and an extreme amount of burpees were performed (in YHC’s defense he did warn the PAX about practicing up before the beatdown…just “forgot” to mention specifically what it was that the PAX were supposed to practice at.)
TEAM 4 – DBA & APNEA – 7 COMPLETE ROUNDS
TEAM 2 – ENDO & NO-SEE-UM – 6 COMPLETE ROUNDS
TEAM 1 – HAKA & VANELLOPE – 6 COMPLETE ROUNDS
TEAM 3 – FLAT TIRE & NO-SKI – 4 COMPLETE ROUNDS
It is safe to say that some PAX more than others probably have a fond dislike for burpees after this competition. Either they have really bad aim or their gameplan was just to go for the hole or nothing at all…Time to mosey back to the BB courts for the awards presentation.
With about 10 minutes left for pain distribution the winning team was provided the trophy which was a spooky halloween bucket with some surprises inside. They each pulled out a note and were instructed to read them out loud (although they did not want to)…But wait there’s more, because a few PAX along the mosey back insisted that everyone who posted today was a winner. YHC agreed and decided to let every team pull something out of the bucket and we performed them in this order…
- SPLIT JACKS – X30 – OYO
- PRISON SQUATS – 11 > 1 – OYO
- AMERICAN HAMMERS – X100 – OYO
- BROAD JUMPS – ACROSS BB COURT AND BACK
- BURPEES – X20 – OYO (with only 30 seconds remaining we got in as many as we could)
- Prayers for No-See-Um’s father
- Prayers for Apnea and his M
- Prayers for Haka and his family
- Prayers for our brothers for their CSAUP in 2 weeks
- Blessings for those that woke up and made it out to enjoy the day
- Hope everyone enjoyed the beatdown. Always trying to bring some fun and excitement to lessen the pain, however it may have backfired and caused more today (my plan all along). Special thanks to everyone that posted, it feels great to be surrounded by such an excellent group of men.
- 2.0 BEATDOWN planned for next Saturday…get the kiddos ready for the pain
- NO-SEE-UM’s Halloween Beatdown is this Tuesday the 30th – YOU MUST BE DRESSED IN A COSTUME OF SOME SORT OR PAY THE PENALTY!!! COME ON MEN LETS HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS ONE AND GIVE NO-SEE-UM A LARGE TURNOUT!!!