10 Pax posted this morning for a rainy sloshy beatdown at the Ranch. How fitting that today would “rain on our parade” as today’s theme would be the battles and burdens life throws at us.
A quick disclaimer was given, and the battle had begun…
The Following IC:
- SSH X 10
- Cotton Pickers x 10
- Frankenstein x 10
- Windmill x 10
A quick learning experience for YHC on calling cadence was given and much appreciated.
- Air plank was held by the Pax while YHC explained that in life burdens and battles are more easily fought and carried when you have someone to share it with.
Thus..the “Burden” was born. (12lb weighted vest)
Duck Duck Mosey
- Quick Mosey to the Round about and circle up.
- OYO – (Sequence repeated)
- 10 Merkins
- 10 Squats
- 10 SSH
- 10 Burpees
- The HIM with the Burden mosey to light post and back to round about. They then completed one lap around the PAX, then choosing the next man up to repeat the mosey and carry the Burden. A few rounds of the above sequence ensued…
Rain drops keep falling on my head
At this point it the sky opened up and it really started to come down
- Mosey on over to Sunlake
- Forearm Planks countdown from 10
- Mosey back to the BBCourt
Field of Pain
Core Exercise (w/Cinder Block)
- 5 Squats
- 5 Overhead
- 1 toss of the block down the field.
This sequence was repeated until you reached the end of the field. There you stopped and completed the following exercise at the end of each Round:
- Round 1- 10 Merkins
- Round 2- 10 Leg Lifts
- Round 3 -10 SSH
- Round 4 -10 Lunges (Total)
- Round 5- 10 Monkey Humpers
- Round 6 – 5 Burpees
- Round 7 – 5 Split Jacks
- Round 8 – 5 Jump Squats
- Round 9 – 20 Flutter kicks
- Round 10 – 20 American Hammers
- Round 11 – 30 Mountain Climbers
- Round 12 – 10 Burpees
(2) Battle rope stations were also set up as member of the PAX tagged each other in and out. (Way to push on this @Murphy)
At a point during the main exercise, something happened that I figured would while being surrounded by great men. Members of the Pax were constantly taking the Burden from each other voluntarily to carry and share the weight. (you had to pry the Burden from @no-skis cold wet fingers as he didn’t want to give it up) Mission accomplished, and message well received.
- Quick story of a battle in life for Sanka’s M. Prayers for all fighting a battle or carrying a burden.
- No matter how hard life gets keep fighting and pushing.
- Thanks to all those who helped YHC through his first Q
- Prayers for @Grouper sister on incoming 1st born.
- F3 Ugly Sweater Party on Saturday, December 22. Be there and be ugly.
- @No-See-Um with some exciting news coming up about a new workout location…details to come.