9 PAX posted for a torrential Florida snow blizzard (for those of you not from here that means a blinding rain storm with temps in the low 60’s). The parking lot was full yet nobody wanted to brave the weather until exactly 0530. YHC recommended that everyone come out shirtless however he got no takers on this brutally chilly morning, so he quickly jumped out of the car, ran over to the courts, shouted a quick disclaimer and the men of F3Lutz began the slush fest!
- SSH – X20 – IC
- MERKIN – X15 – IC
- FRANKENSTEIN – X15 – IC
- TEMPO MERKIN – X15 – IC
- COTTON PICKER – X10 – IC
- RELEASE MERKIN – X10 – IC
The release merkin appeared to be everyone’s favorite (judging by the moans and groans) since the entire basketball court was flooded and we were not quite soaked just yet. Nothing better than an ice cold tummy to wake the PAX up early in the morning!
LET THE RAIN BEGIN
- MOSEY TO SUNLAKE BLVD
- BROAD JUMP BURPEES TO 2ND POLE
- BRUCE LEE – X1 – OYO
- BROAD JUMP BURPEES BACK TO 1ST POLE
Upon our arrival at Sunlake Blvd we planked and waited for the 6, while YHC mentioned the recent passing of one of our PAX in Lexington. He discussed how visibility for drivers during our early morning beatdowns is very low and that we should always be proactive in waiting for vehicles and not just assuming that they see us. The PAX safety is one of the primary goals for YHC on every Q (well, that and a severe amount of pain distribution as well).
- MOSEY BACK TO BASKETBALL COURTS
- STOP HALFWAY AND DO BURPEES WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE 6 TO GO AHEAD APPROX 100 YDS
- SPRINTS TO CATCH THE 6 THE REST OF THE WAY
- HARD 11’S – X2 SETS
- 1ST SET – JUMP SQUATS/BIG BOY SITUPS
- 2ND SET – MERKINS/PETER PARKERS
- RACE ONE FINAL LAP AROUND ENTIRE DOG PARK AND TENNIS COURT
THERE WAS JUST ENOUGH TIME LEFT FOR @NO-SKI AND @FRISBEE TO PERFORM THEIR PENALTIES (20 BURPEES AS CALLED OUT BY YHC). OF COURSE JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL PAX DO NOT PARTICIPATE AS WELL SO EVERYONE JOINED IN AS EXPECTED.
- Prayers and congrats for Grouper’s sister
- Prayer’s for Apnea’s sister-in-law
- Prayer’s for No-See-Um’s 2.0 and family
- Absolutely amazing to see every PAX out here pushing themselves with at least 10-15 lbs of excess water weight. Lots of mumble chatter and song and dance on the last lap kept everyone laughing and cheering. A few Atlanta Braves/FSU chants while doing crazy arm movements courtesy of @grouper, and there was even a little jingle bells thrown in there to the same beat just to make sure the rain dance was complete.
- Some (we won’t mention Grouper’s M) would go as far to say that we are excessive in our journey, even a bit extreme! What a stunning compliment to receive, as that is exactly what we are striving to do. Become better and stronger men by having a dedication and desire (to each other) to push the envelope whenever possible.
- STARKEY RANCH INVASION THIS SATURDAY CHECK SLACK FOR DETAILS – BEATDOWN WILL COMMENCE THERE at 0730…POSSIBLE FUN RUN AFTER AND COFFETERIA TO WRAP UP THE EVENTS
- UGLY SWEATER – WHITE ELEPHANT PARTY AT NO-SEE-UM’S HOUSE SATURDAY 6PM SHARP RSVP ON SLACK