9 PAX posted for a clear and perfect day for a weekend edition sweatfest here at The Ranch. Somewhat small for a weekend beatdown, however many of our regular PAX are DR. We did however have a visitor from Alabama…welcome Slider…and another appearance from “THE BEAST”!!! YHC was out and about before sunrise setting up the pain stations for today’s beatdown. Quick disclaimer and instructions on the 12 stations of pain were given. But wait, someone mentioned that we are missing the Slam Ball from station #10…so YHC yelled out let’s go mosey and find it, and we were off…
MOSEY TO THE DEAD END WHERE THE SLAM BALL WAS SPOTTED…PLANK AND WAIT FOR THE 6…
- SSS (side straddle squat) – X10 – IC
- MERKINS – X10 – IC
- FRANKENSTEINS – X10 – IC
- JOHN CANDY WITH A SLAM BALL TWIST – PAX bear crawl in a straight line while last PAX does 3 slam balls and sprints to the front and drops the ball. PAX continue to bear crawl over the ball until it reaches the end. Rinse and repeat until everyone has had a turn. We ran out of real estate after approx 100 yds so YHC called an audible at the round-a-bout.
- CIRCLE UP FOR HIGH KNEES UNTIL REMAINING PAX DO 5 SLAM BALLS EACH
- KEEP HIGH KNEES GOING AND CIRCLE BURP – X2 ROUNDS
MOSEY BACK TO THE COURTS WITH OUR NEWLY FOUND SLAM BALL TO COMPLETE THE 12 STATIONS OF PAIN
- 1 minute work per set – 15 sec rest per set – 2 sets per station – 1 lap around tennis courts between each station
- STATION 1 – OVERHEAD PRESS WITH 34LB RUCK BRICK
- STATION 2 – WIDE MERKINS
- STATION 3 – BICEP CURL WITH 30LB DUMBELLS
- STATION 4 – AMERICAN HAMMERS WITH 20LB RUCK PLATE
- STATION 5 – BIG BOY SITUPS
- STATION 6 – SQUATS WITH 20LB DUMBELL
- STATION 7 – MERKINS
- STATION 8 – DIPS
- STATION 9 – BURPEES
- STATION 10 – SLAM BALL (shout out to @no-ski on completing 50 total for the 2 sets)
- STATION 11 – DIAMOND MERKINS
- STATION 12 – LEG LIFTS ON “THE BEAST” WITH ARM ATTACHMENTS
Some mumble chatter ensued once @vanellope completed his sets on station 3 (bicep curls) and “it” began…Each round after the mosey the PAX took turns yelling out the legendary stories that they had heard about “The Killer of Men”. From hospitalizing 10’s of thousands of men in just one beatdown, to walking on water in the lake, to catching a 50lb small mouth bass with his bare hands, to causing earthquakes in California during one set of jump squats. “He doesn’t workout often, but when he does the steel weights usually end up bent”. The stories kept rolling in and with each one The Legend continued to grow. The man himself even had a few stories of his own for some extra laughs at the end!
WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT IT WAS TIME TO SEE IF THE LEGEND WAS TRUE
- PENALTY KILLER IN FULL EFFECT
- HANG ON TO “THE BEAST” AND CALL OUT AN EXERCISE – ALL PAX PERFORM SAID EXERCISE UNTIL FEET TOUCH THE GROUND
- VANELLOPE – BURPEES – 1 FULL MINUTE (with approx 5 pull-ups in between)
- APNEA – MERKINS – FINISHED IT OUT UNTIL WE RAN OUT OF TIME APPROX 50 SEC
- Continued prayers for @apnea sister-in-law
- Continued blessings for @haka and his M
- Prayers for Murphy’s M
- Safe travels for our visiting pilot Slider
- Safe travels for those who are DR
- Prayers for those who could not make it for one reason or another that they find a way to return to better themselves
- Beautiful and wonderful morning to be on Q. Great group of HIM showed to better themselves today and YHC was ever so proud to lead them in the right direction. Absolutely loved the mumble chatter about The Legend today. What a great way to bring some laughter and enjoyment into the mix to take everyone’s mind off the pain that was happening.
- Shout out to Slider who was out front and leading the pack most of the way (they really know how to mosey in Birmingham!)
- Shout out to @dba and Belding as they were pushing themselves and came in under the allotted mosey time each round!
- FEB 9th CSAUP just around the corner, it’s not too late to sign up and join.
- Keep an eye out on Slack for our first 2nd F of the year, planning sometime in Feb or early March!