Scorching hot and humid as usual this time of year, yet 12 PAX willing to sweat it out and put in the work, arrived ready to take on the day. Special milestone to celebrate today as our Nantan most recently hit his 500th post in only 3 1/2 years. Also in our hearts and minds is the recent passing of his grandfather which would be incorporated into the beatdown. Disclaimer was given and we were off.
Mosey to Ballantrae soccer field where YHC had set up a special “Pentagon style” beatdown with 5 coned stations. After a bit of a mix up splitting the PAX into 3 teams of 4 we were ready to begin.
- STATION 1 – DIPS – x25 PER PAX
- STATION 2 – SALUTE PLANKS – X25 PER PAX (HARD WAY)
- STATION 3 – BURPEES – X25 – PER PAX
- STATION 4 – AMERICAN HAMMERS – X25 PER PAX (HARD WAY)
- STATION 5 – STEP UPS – X25 – PER PAX (HARD WAY)
RINSE AND REPEAT all stations 5 rounds for a total at each station of 500 reps per team. All PAX stepped in and assisted with counts so that their teams could advance to the next cone together.
Once again YHC is utterly shocked at how fast the HIM were moving and pushing through the pain to get these completed. Average lap time was just over 8 minutes and YHC planned for 10, GREAT JOB ALL!
Mosey back to Terazzo starting field and triangle up with your team again. Just about 10 minutes left for 2 more exercises totaling 500 reps.
- FLUTTERKICKS – X125 PER PAX (HARD WAY)
- MERKINS – X45.45 PER PAX (WE ROUNDED TO 46 EACH FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF 500 BETWEEN ALL TEAMS)
FINISHED 1 MINUTE EARLY TO CELEBRATE THE MILESTONE AS WELL AS DELIVER THE SYMPATHY CARD TO OUR LEADER!
Prayers for Grouper and his family during this difficult time. Workouts were designed to honor his grandfather who was an Air Force veteran and true American patriot.
- SALUTE PLANKS – Our salute to his service in the Air Force
- AMERICAN HAMMERS – To honor his American patriotism
- DIPS – To symbolize the ups and downs that Grouper’s family is going through right now
- STEP UPS – Symbolizing the climb on the stairway to heaven to live in peace for eternity by Jesus side
- BURPEES – Showing the extreme difficulty that Grouper’s family must be facing, and that we are all here as a brotherhood right along side them to help whenever and wherever needed
- 5 PENTAGON STATIONS – Military themed again for his service to our beloved country
- 500 Beatdowns Posted – Incredible milestone for only 3 1/2 years – Great job Grouper!
- Special thanks to our former Nantan No-See-Um and Grouper’s M for assisting with information to help out with the beatdown format for today
- Honored to be part of such an incredible group of men. Cannot wait to be back to full strength and get some running incorporated into the beatdowns. Until then, be prepared for the ugliest non-mosey based beatdowns of your life whenever YHC is on Q.
- Several 2nd and 3rd F events happening in the near future including the Super Trifecta on 7/17…keep an eye on Slack for details