On a beautiful Thursday morning, and knowing he would be having some delicious J. J. Grandy’s chocolate fudge pie later that day for his M’s birthday, YHC thought it was the perfect day to get a little extra running in for himself and for 5k training for the event next month!
10 reps, in cadence:
Today’s workout was BoP style where each PAX could push themselves as hard as they wanted till time. First, YHC went over the 10 exercises that would be part of the BD:
- Alternating Leg Groiners
- Oblique Crunch
- Crab Cakes
- Jump Squats
- Diamond Merkins
- Alternating Pulse Lunges
The BD went as follows:
- 5 reps of the exercises above, then run around the lake (a little over a mile and was met with a tremendous roar of approval from the PAX!).
- 10 reps of the exercises above, then two laps around the dog park and tennis courts (about a half mile).
- 15 reps of the exercises above, then one lap around the dog park and tennis courts (about a quarter mile).
- 20 reps of the exercises above, then one lap just around the tennis court (about a eighth of a mile).
With less than a minute left, we stopped to do high knees till all runners were in.
There was a range of how far the PAX made it through the list, but it was clear everyone pushed themselves and was excited to stop for some coffeteria!
- Trinity Cafe this Saturday, read more about in on Slack
- Two Saturday beatdowns at The Boneyard this week. 5:45 and 7:30. IPC Week 3 at both times!
- Prayers for Belding’s 2.0
- Prayers for Apena’s coworker who passed away
- Prayers to all PAX struggling with things they are unable to share