Quote of the Day: “Hey DBA is hording balls in his pockets!” ~Anchorman~
Absolutely breathtaking and chilly morning and 9 PAX arrived ready for some “as promised” friendly and not so friendly competitions. YHC arrived significantly early for extensive set up and was privy to the COT from the 6am beatdown which had Tebow providing an incredible message of encouragement. Shout out to Grouper, Seltzer and Floppy for doing double duty after attending the 6am beatdown which included 4.5+/- miles of mosey. The mumble chatter started and the disclaimer was given before we began.
- SSH – X10 – IC
- FRANKENSTEIN – X10 – IC
- BREAKDANCERS – X10 (hard way) – OYO
10 tennis ball relay race with different exercises on each ball. First team to complete all 10 balls wins. The exercises were as follows…
- 25 DONKEY KICKS
- 25 BURPEES
- 50 SQUATS
- 50 BIG BOI SITUPS
- 50 LUNGES (hard way)
- 100 FLUTTERKICKS (hard way)
- MOSEY 1 FULL LAP AROUND DOG PARK AND PLAYGROUND (.5 miles)
- 5 COUNT MORNING CALL AT PULL UP STATION
- 5 COUNT MORNING CALL WITH SLAM BALL
- 5 COUNT MORNING CALL WITH BLOCK THRUSTERS
During the competition team 2 tried to cheat by placing an extra ball on team 1’s cone (as expected which is why we were keeping count). Random balls began periodically flying through the air at PAX the entire time (also as expected). Some PAX even hinted that a game of tennis ball dodge ball would be fun (little did they know this is exactly what YHC had planned). Team 1 won the competition and the penalty for team 2 was they had to run the gauntlet while team 1 took aim with their balls. No PAX got hit and team 1 paid the penalty by performing 50 burpees (10 per missed shot) while team 2 mosey 1 full lap.
NOT SO FRIENDLY COMPETITION
TENNIS BALL DODGE BALL – Balls lined up on the 2 rows of cones to begin. Cone rows spaced 10 feet apart for safety reasons.
- Game 1 – Each PAX hit or ball thrown is caught will have to perform 10 burpees to get back into the game. If all PAX are eliminated before burpees are performed the other team wins. Penalty for losing will be the gauntlet run.
- Game 2 – Each PAX hit or ball thrown is caught will have to perform 30 squats to get back into the game. If all PAX are eliminated before squats are performed the other team wins. Penalty for losing will be the gauntlet run.
- Game 3 – Each PAX hit or ball thrown is caught will have to perform 20 merkins to get back into the game. If all PAX are eliminated before merkins are performed the other team wins. Penalty for losing will be the gauntlet run.
Between the sprints to chase the loose balls and the exercises constantly being performed to avoid team elimination there was never a dull moment or break of any kind. Alot of laughter and mumble chatter happening and the bonus was that there were no injuries (except to YHC’s pride as he couldn’t catch too well). Circled up with 1 minute to spare we performed PICKLE POUNDERS – X10 – IC to send our visitor Pikachu back to Ohio (or Kansas City as he calls it lol) with another odd yet fun exercise that we perform here at F3NC.
GAME OVER – NO LOSERS TODAY AS WE ARE ALL WINNERS FOR SHOWING UP AND BETTERING OURSELVES!
- Prayers for Anchorman’s mother and her upcoming surgery.
- Prayers for DBA’s mother and her upcoming surgery
- Safe travels for Pikachu as he heads back home to watch his beloved Kansas City Chiefs lose to the Cincinnati Bengals 28-27 (early missed extra point by KC seals the deal)
- Prayers for all those PAX who did not post due to injury or illness that they get back out soon.
Glad everyone had a great time today. Always fun having a competition style beatdown it really brings out the best in the PAX. Looks like some bruises, a skinned knee and maybe a sore shoulder or 2 tomorrow will be the worst of what we experienced today. Shout out to the 3 double duty PAX mentioned above who were rewarded with an extra ball for each of the not so friendly competition rounds. Don’t sleep on Floppy he has the arm of Nolan Ryan and was using it to perfection today, he single handedly saved his team from elimination on multiple occasions.