Pickle Pounders are hard!
Pax: Belding, Big Papi, Rub-N-Tug, Smoggy, Apnea, Cheesehead, Vanilla Ice, No-See-Um
A little lower numbers this am #ITG as five pax were participating in the GORUCK Star Course & already 6+ miles in by the time the #HIM got things cranked up at the #BoneYard. And other pax were either snug in their beds or stayed up too late possibly as Super Bowl weekend is among us…….more on that topic later.
Nonetheless, 8 pax were ready for a beatdown so Flag was planted, Disclaimer given & the F3 Mission stated:
“Plant, Grow & Serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership”
YHC talked first about the F3 Q Source (the Four Quadrants of Preparedness):
(https://f3nation.com/q-source-index/) and one topic from the third quadrant (Lead Right)……..
Graciously telling the hard truth and demanding to hear it from others.
Men took turns throughout the morning looking themselves in the “mirror” and gave their “reflection” some Candor.
Twisted Mile with warm-up exercises consisting of SSH, Frankensteins, Imperial Walkers, Merkins, Shoulder Taps, Arm Circles, Squats, Lunges and maybe some more.
Bexley Parking Lot for some Burpee Suicides:
- Run to first median and back/5 Burpees
- Run to 2nd and back/10 Burpees
- Run to 3rd and back/15 Burpees
- Run to 4th and back/20 Burpees
To the monkey bar for 30 second “Hang’s” while others hold Al Gore. Mosey back to flag for quick sip and time for main event.
Capture the Flag (#BoneYard style) – YHC was hoping for a bigger turnout and more trash talking but this crew was pretty one-sided on the Bucs and also possibly gassed by those Burpee Suicides perhaps.
Each pax grabbed a piece of cloth (Yellow-CHIEFS or Dark Red-BUCS) out of paper bag randomly to find out which side they’d be on for the team competition. Two Captains were chosen (Smoggy for the Bucs w/ rest of team being Belding, No-See-Um, Rub-N-Tug & Cheesehead for Chiefs w/ rest of team being Big Papi, Vanilla Ice & Apnea).
Each team had to run to their respective fields where their OPPONENTS flag was hanging…..competition started with 25 yard Bear Crawl and then the following for each team. Once done, race back to old glory to be the victor.
- 10 (T. Hill) Broad Jump Burpees
- 15 (Mahomes) Bearpees
- 17 (M. Hardman) Big Bois
- 32 (T. Mathieu) Star Jacks
- 87 (Kelce) Monkey Humpers
- 95 (C. Jones) Pickle Pounders
- 12 (The GOAT) Broad Jump Burpees
- 13 (M. Evans) Bearpees
- 14 (C. Godwin) Big Bois
- 45 (D. White) Star Jacks
- 58 (S. Barrett) Monkey Humpers
- 93 (N. Suh) Pickle Pounders
The Pickle Pounders were especially fun for the spectators walking/driving by :)!!!
Quote of the Day:
“Man, these Pickle Pounders are harder than they look! Never done this movement so many times in a row….LOL”
Team Chiefs smoked Team Bucs even though they had 21 more total reps (YHC was trying to set up the Bucs to be victorious).
Quick sprint relay to finish off the team competition:
Sprints with Burpee to start and all else plank!! Big Papi & YHC on the last leg and although Big Papi’s thinks it was a tie…..YHC pretty sure he won by a nose hair 🙂
American Hammers (YHC), Box Cutters (Apnea), Dying Cockroaches (Cheesehead), Burpees (Vanilla Ice), Merkins (Big Papi), Flutters (Smoggy), Supermans (Belding), Dead Bugs (Rub-N-Tug), Penguins (YHC)
Two sets of 21’s (SSH IC till 5 and then silent all the way till 21). First one was better than second but YHC was thrown off by some off-beat Cheesehead shenanigans 🙂
- Thinking about the 5 pax doing the Star Course for safety and a successful completition.
- Those pax not with us for whatever reason (DR, Fartsacking, COVID related or other).
- Great thoughts shared about Candor and how each man can do better & not be afraid to call themselves out when needed. And always remember that Candor is a two-way street…..must be willing to hear it from others as well.
- Inaugural Super Bowl Flag Football Game tomorrow (Sunday) 8:30 am arrival for 9:00 am start. Boobie is large and in charge!!
- Nutrition Challenge still on going so be sure to keep your scores updated and encourage fellow pax participating.
- Super Bowl Squares – almost filled up and once they are, YHC will draw numbers and fill in penalties.