Pax: Grouper, Apnea, Belding, Flat Tire, Rub-N-Tug, Miley, Smalls, Vanilla Ice, Cheesehead, Smoggy, Chowdah, Urkel, Hitchhiker, No-See-Um
Weather conditions: 56°, a heavy dew on the grass and mostly clear skies.
Welcome to The District. F3 stands for Fitness. Fellowship. Faith.
5 Core Principles of F3
- Open to All Men
- Held outdoors, rain/shine, heat/cold
- Led in rotating fashion with no certification necessary.
- End with Circle of Trust.
Disclaimer given and time to get to work as 14 pax posted for a ruckin’ good time. YHC wanted to start getting some training in for FL GrowRuck 18 so all pax posting were asked to bring Rucks. Four pax either didn’t get the memo or just didn’t have one, but not to fear as extras were on hand 🙂
YHC instructed the men to ‘Partner Up’ w/ someone you don’t know real well. Just like at GrowRuck you’ll work with your partner (or a team) throughout the whole BD. Need to share/learn from your partner TWO things (A proud moment in your life you’ll never forget AND your ONE favorite cereal as a kid).
5 Burpees – Mosey to corner of first soccer field – 5 Burpees then Squats x10. Mosey to next corner – 5 Burpees then Hillbillies x10. Mosey to next corner – 5 Burpees then Mtn. Climbers x10. Mosey back to start – 5 Burpees then Fire Hydrants. Finish off warm-up with 5 more Burpees.
MACV-SOG WOD: (Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group MACV-SOG Wikipedia page)
For time w/ partner:
- 100 No Merkin Ruck Burpees
Then 2 rounds of:
- 24 Ruck Swings
- 64 Merkins (no rucks)
- 24 Ruck Squats (goblet style)
- 64 Big Boi’s (no ruck)
YHC only required 20 total NM Ruck Burpees as ALL quickly figured out that Ruck Waist Belts are a Big need for GrowRuck 🙂
Heard a pax say “Don’t knock yourselves out with those No Merkin Ruck Burpees”…..to which YHC replied “This is a teaching moment from me to you…..get a waist belt for your Ruck :)”. Later in the day, it was discovered that several pax may have suffered minor concussions during this morning’s activities.
After MACV-SOG WOD…..Burpee Count=80ish
When finished with the WOD, Burpees with partner together while you wait on six and keep count.
Grouper/Rub-N-Tug team finishing first with a blistering time of 4:44!!!
Next all pax lined up on the end line and performed Lt. Dan’s w/ Rucks – Squat/Lunge (1:4 ratio)….up to 5:20.
YHC has been looking forward to sharing this with the pax ever since visiting F3 Alpha the first of March. After circling up, every pax into plank position. Every pax would do one Merkin on their own (individually one at a time) as the pax went around the clock and the count would just continue going up (1, 2, 3, 4, etc)…At around the 344 count yes, that is right 344 Grouper gave way to Flat Tire who continued to bang out another five to prove to EVERYONE that he is not to be messed with when it comes to MERKINS!!! 🙂
With about 3 minutes left, one more lap around the soccer field with 5 burpees at far corner.
Burpee Count = some at/over 100 and some more like 85ish 🙂
- Flat Tire’s brother who needs prayers.
- Smoggy’s M checkup went well and soon to be 2.0 doing great. Prayers also for Hitchhiker/M and their little one coming.
- Prayers for those affected in Atlanta and Boulder for the senseless shootings over the past couple weeks.
- Great showing at The District today with 14 #HIM taking that Daily Red Pill!!
- Smalls back out to another Wednesday beatdown and great to see/meet him.
- Rub-N-Tug putting in some work today on the Doomsday Clock and was right there till the very end along with Miley and Chowdah!
- GrowRuck 18 (FL) – sign up!!! Sloppy Joe & Miley are HC’s and are already registered.
- TNT – Every Thursday stay after the beatdown at The Ranch for some parking lot coffetteria & Truth Nugget Thursday.
- April 10 – 2.0 beatdown in the morning (7:30-8:30 am) and Poker night at Cheeseheads with M’s…7:00 pm start! Check 2nd F channel for details and need to RSVP to Cheesehead.