47 degrees in the cold, crisp gloom of the District. Heavy fartsacking weather but not for 3 PAX eager to get out and become stronger than our excuses. YHC was not the 1st one there so I couldn’t enjoy the warmth that my seat warmer so very much wanted me to enjoy. We had company from F3 Tallahassee join us, so reluctantly I got out and posted our flag to get some small talk on. 5:30 Tebow coming in hot, texted Apnea our direction and started off with a quick disclaimer and 5 core principles.
On the move warm up
- Leg stretch Rt leg 10 count IC
- Mosey to corner of main road
- SSH 10 IC
- Mosey to school entrance
- Tempo Squat 10 IC
- Frankenstein 10 IC
- Mosey to 1st Roundabout(Apneas making the turn)
- Tappity tap taps 10 IC
- Imperial Walkers 10 IC
- Erkens 10 IC
- Groiners 10 IC
- Mosey back until we get an Apnea Visual then mosey to 2nd apparently much larger roundabout.
- 10-1 reverse elevator merkens to run. Start with 10 merkens 1 lap around, 9 merkens 1 lap around……1 merken 1 lap around
- Mosey to The Ranch
With 15 minutes remaining an audible was more than likely imminent.
21 four corners
- starting in place 21 WW1 situps
- run to next corner 20 Hand release merkens
- run to next corner 19 WW1 situps
- run to next corner 18 HR Merkens….finish 9 when it was time to call an audible.
With 5 minutes remaining we moseyed back to start. At the corner of the main road and park with 1 minute remaining AYG till the end.
With all that we have and all that we do we need to stop and reflect on how truly blessed we are to be able to afford ourselves the time and energy to getting up to work out every morning. Lets be thankful that we can all do this with everything else that we have to tackle on a regular basis.
Prayers to Apnea’s mother who was taken to the hospital from a fall while we were out this am. Prayers to Big Papi’s mother as she recovers up north. Continued prayers to PAX would could not be out and those traveling either to us or away from us this Holiday. Safe travels to Hitchhiker & family, Chowdah & family also to Shuttlecock and M on their return home.